Today I decided to cook another favorite of mine: Garden asparagus with tuna steak and potatoes. This recipe is simple. The meal is fast to prepare easily digestible and most important: it tastes so good. This combination is just the perfect lunch on a spring Sunday.
What do you need for: ‘Garden Asparagus with Tuna Steak and Red Potatoes’?
it doesn’t take much to cook this delicious recipe and it’s also very quick to prepare. Green asparagus doesn’t have to be cooked for a long time and the fish is also done quickly, the potatoes probably need the longest.
For 2 persons:
- 1.5 lbs garden asparagus (grade 1)
- 2 medium-size tuna steak
- 3/4 lbs Franceline potatoes
- 1 bundle parsley
- 2 oz butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices lemon (organic)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 cherry tomatoes
How to cook Garden Asparagus with Tuna Steak and Red Potatoes’
- Wash the potatoes and cook them unpeeled with the skin
- Prepare the asparagus: using a sharp knife trim off the woody parts at the base. You can also recognize this part by its purple-whitish color. Don’t peel the green and soft asparagus skin. Most vitamins are directly under the skin.
- In a large pot bring salted water to boil. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice and put the asparagus in the boiling water. Depending on the thickness of the spears, the cooking time is only about 8 minutes. If you like them more snappy 5 min will do.
- Wash the tuna steaks under running water and pat dry with kitchen paper. In a pan heat the rapeseed oil. Roast the tuna steaks on both sides until the fish has a light brown color about 45 seconds on each side and about 30 seconds for the edges. This way the outside has a nice tasty crust while the inside is still pink. If you prefer the fish well done preheat your oven to 200°F and cook the fish for another 10 minutes. (Please note: this method should only be used for fresh fish, temperatures are not sufficient to kill bacteria).
- Peel potatoes, drain asparagus, and season the tuna steak with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Arrange all on a plate, heat up the butter, and pour the melted butter over asparagus, potatoes, and fish.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, the lemon slice, and the tomato.
Enjoy a glass of fruity white wine with your meal.
Want to try white asparagus? Try this recipe White Asparagus with Prosciutto