This post contains affiliate links. If you follow a link I may earn a commission at no extra cost for you. Thank you.
Cooking using a slow cooker is not as easy as you think. You need to consider that some recipes call for different ways of cooking when they’re done with a slow cooker. Especially though when using a mini slow cooker such as this Elite Cuisine Slow Cooker. So, what are the things that you should know? You might easily turn it on and leave it while it does its job.
You can avoid the fuss and save time with slow cookers. The following tips will make your recipes tastier in a more convenient way of cooking:
- Add just a little amount of liquid. There is very little evaporation when using a slow cooker. Therefore, it requires lessening the usual amount of needed liquid to 50%. But if you are making sauces or soups, add the original amount of liquid.
- Keep the slow cooker covered. Removing the cooker can add up to 20 minutes more cooking time. If you need to stir the recipe, do it as fast as you can.
- Cut the ingredients to the same size. Even pieces will result in uniformly cooked food. It avoids overcooked or undercooked ingredients.
- Brown the meat before cooking it in the slow cooker. It gives the recipe more essence and color.
Slow cookers come in different sizes, features, and more. Here is one slow cooker that is meant for the busy single household or for a couple: the Elite Cuisine MST-250XW Maxi Matic Slow Cooker. Know more about it by reading its features, pros and cons below:
Features of the Elite Cuisine Slow Cooker
The Elite Cuisine MST-250XW Maxi Matic Slow Cooker is a 1.5-quart slow cooker with three settings: warm, low, and high. It has a light indicator as a sign that it’s turned on.
You don’t have to remove the lid to see the food simmering inside. The Elite Cuisine MST-250XW Maxi Matic Slow Cooker comes with a transparent glass lid and with cool-touch handles for save grip. This glass lid also keeps a tight seal to ensure even cooking.
The white exterior looks modern and blends in any kitchen. The exterior also has cool-touch handles to prevent burns and makes it easy to transport.
A ceramic pot that is free of any harmful chemicals but easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
Elite Cuisine MST-250XW Maxi Matic Slow Cooker can cook almost everything – soups, stews, dip, casseroles, etc. It is a good size for a small family or a single household.
Pros and Cons
The Elite Cuisine MST-250XW Maxi Matic Slow Cooker has a white, modern appearance. It has basic features that are loved by many users.
A small practical Elite Cuisine Slow Cooker
Among the best mini slow cookers today, the Maxi-Matic MST-250XW stands out because of its simplicity. It is a very basic slow cooker with no bells and whistles but the three temperature settings: warm, low, and high and a light indicator that brightens when the cooker is turned on. It has cool-touch handles on its exterior and a glass lid cover.
The best feature that makes the Elite Cuisine MST-250XW Slow Cooker one of the best-selling mini slow cookers is its 1.5-quart capacity. This allows for just the right meal size for a single household.
It comes with an easy to clean ceramic pot and a clear look-through glass lid.
Despite its very low price, there are not really any drawbacks and the MST-250XW Maxi Matic Slow Cooker is still a pretty good choice.
- 1.5 Qt removable inner stoneware pot
- Convenient LOW / HIGH / KEEP WARM settings
- Attractive white finish
- Tempered clear glass lid
- Cool-touch handles and knobs
Last update on 2021-10-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API