Chili con carne is a classic, easy to make, and always extremely tasty. Whether with fresh ground beef or as a vegetarian version (turns out very well with soy curls), everyone loves this hearty stew. Chili con carne tastes particularly well when prepared in a slow cooker. The slow and gentle cooking process ensures that the aromas of the individual ingredients combine to create a perfect taste experience.
Chili con carne is best from the slow cooker
You can easily prepare it in the slow cooker without having to constantly look. Preparing and chopping the ingredients just takes the longest. Once everything is in the pot, you can easily do something else for a few hours and then later go back to a yummy ready-cooked dish. It’s so delicious and always tastes better the longer you leave it in the pot, and it seems to taste even better when reheated the next day.
Ingredients for a yummy chili con carne (feeds 4 big eaters)
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion or 2 medium, diced
- 2 fresh tomatoes diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 oz can of kidney beans
- 1 15 oz can of peeled and diced tomatoes
- 7 oz can of sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 2 tablespoon Hungarian paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- finely chopped celery leaves
- ground cumin
- fresh coriander
- 1 red chili pepper if you like it hot
- Finely dice the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic and celery leaves.
- If you use fresh basil, oregano and coriander then finely chop them as well.
- Drain the canned corn and kidney beans. Get all the ingredients ready.
- Put some cooking oil in a pan and brown the ground beef with the chopped onion briefly but very hot. This creates a tasty crust on the meat which distinctive flavor refines the taste.
(But you don’t have to do that if you want to save time during the preparation, then you can skip the sizzling and put all the ingredients in the pot right away)
- So meat and onion, canned tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, and peppers all go into the pot.
- Finally, all you have to do is add the spices and stir everything around.
- Put the lid on and cook the chili con carne on the high setting for 4 hours or on the low setting for 7-8 hours on level 1 or for 4 hours on level 2, correspondingly shorter.
When the chili is done, taste it and maybe add a little salt and pepper if necessary or if you like it hot, add fresh, finely chopped chilies.
Chili con carne always tastes good, you can eat it just like that or it goes well on pasta or with rice.
- Make Your Own Curry Powder - July 28, 2022
- What Is A Carbon Footprint? - July 25, 2022
- Socca Bread - June 24, 2022